Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Contra Costa County Public Auto Auction wants to make your vehicle purchase as easy as possible. However, there are some Terms and Conditions you should be aware of prior to bidding at the auction:
- Cash, cashier's checks, ATM, Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover.(You can charge up to $5,000 if over $5,000 a 2% fee will apply to the whole charged amount.)
- NO PERSONAL OR COMPANY CHECKS ACCEPTED.
- Credit union and bank financing assistance available. Please print, fill out and fax our Credit Pre-Approval Form (925-432-8932), or call one week prior to sale for arrangements. This must be done prior to the auction. Any Cancellation of a sale for any reason will result in a loss of your 25% non-refundable deposit.
- A 25% non-refundable down payment will hold any vehicle with payment in full due by Monday after the auction. (more details)
- A 10% buyer's premium will be added to all purchases plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer document preparation charge ($60), any emission testing charge ($58.25), and auction prep fee ($85).
- Bidders/Buyers must be 18 years old or older and have a picture ID.
- All vehicles will be sold "as is, where is," with no guarantees of any kind. Frame, body and paint are not guaranteed. Buyers shall rely entirely on their own inspection and information. On CCCPAA property, inspection by professional mechanics is allowed and encouraged.
- Please check-out at the end of the sale or until 4:00 PM.the day of the sale. Present your sales receipt and photo identification to auction staff for assistance. There will be no checkout of vehicles during the sale.
Contra Costa County Public Auto Auction gives vehicles purchased for $3,500 or higher (winning bid) a 24-hour limited guarantee on an operative transmission, engine, and drive train. This unique 24-hour guarantee is in effect once the vehicle is driven off our lot. Specifically, we will rectify only the following situations if found within 24-hours of releasing the vehicle:
- TRANSMISSION SLIPPAGE
- ENGINE ROD KNOCK
- DRIVE TRAIN NOISE
Please call us immediately only if one of these serious circumstances should arise, 925-432-8900.
Vehicles purchased for under $3,500 are sold "as is, where is" with no guarantees.
All vehicles that are donations, do not have any guarantee of any kind. They are sold "as is, where is."
VEHICLE MILES IN CATALOG
You will see the term "NAM" in the catalog. This means NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE.
You will see the term "EML" Exceeds Mechanical Limit. This usually means that the vehicle has a ﬁve digit odometer and the miles exceeds the odometers mechanical limits (miles over).
Any vehicle that is ten years old, by DMV standards are miles exempt.
AUTO AUCTION PRICE BREAKDOWN
Everyone at CCCPAA wants you to be fully prepared for your vehic|e’s purchase price. We want you to keep your budget in mind when bidding on your vehicle choices. Below please ﬁnd a cost breakdown to help you with your pricing:
A. WINNING BID: $3,500
B. 10% BUYER'S PREMIUM: $350
C. SMOG FEE $50.00
D. SMOG CERTIFICATE $8.25
E. DMV FEES* $31.00
F. Electronic Filing Fee $18.60
G. DOCUMENTATION FEE $80
H. TAX" (ON A,B,C,G ONLY) $348.25
TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE: $4,386.10
WHAT’S DUE AT THE AUCTION (25% OF A): $875
REMAINDER DUE TO PICK UP VEHICLE BY MONDAY or TUESDAY BY 5:00 p.m.: $3,511.10
*Based on current registration. and transfer. Registration expiring within 90 clays of the auction will be collected for next year. Registration calculates to roughly 5% of the vehicle's cost or min. of $1 50. On 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 Vehicles smog fees may not apply.
**Based on Contra Costa County at 8.75%. Tax is based upon registration address.
BID ONLY IF YOU ARE CERTAIN
Please only bid on the vehicle you are certain you want to buy. We highly encourage you to preview the vehicles before you bid and bring a mechanic if you like. Take notes in your catalog of the vehicles’ features and options. Set your budget and stick to it. If you are the winning bidder; the vehicle is yours! Any customers canceling sales will be required to pay 25% of the winning bid. Please don’t try to back out of a sale, we hate to see you lose money. We’d rather everyone have a positive experience.
NEVER BEEN TO AN AUTO AUCTION?
If you have never been to an auto auction before, we recommend you pick up our "HOW TO" Guide available at the registration desk. Our friendly staff is always available to answer your questions as well.
2691 E. Leland Road, Pittsburg, CA 94565
925-432-8900 - WWW.CCCPAA.COM 11/12